Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Oldie but a Goodie


Oldie but a Goodie
Originally uploaded by brenda.pirie
Elsie gave me a couple of these clip on candle holders. They're very old...from Germany, I think. The base actually rotates around, so no matter where you clip it on the branch, you can have the candle upright. Very clever! She says that in Germany they still use these, you know, instead of electric lights...on REAL trees! She tells a funny story about her and Bob being at a restaurant one Christmas Eve that had a tree covered with these...candles all burning! She kept waiting for the tree to go up in a blaze of fire. I like them because they're so old fashioned. This year Elsie sent me two boxes of candles. I'm so glad because our candles melted in storage up in the attic over the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment