Monday, December 15, 2008

Duh. Thanks Tami.

Yesterday I was so frustrated that I couldn't figure out how to "link" my recipe for Almond Roca from Word to my Blog. Today, just now when I was readying Tami's blog about her fabulous bread recipe, I thought, "Copy and paste...duh!" So that's what I've done. Hope you try this...it's really pretty easy. You can buy a candy thermometer at the grocery store. It's so yummy (the candy, not the thermometer)!


Brenda's Easy Almond Roca

1 stick margarine
1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup sliced almonds, chopped fine

Line a 8 or 9 inch round cake pan (layered cake type) with aluminum foil, dull side up. You will want to get all your ingredients measured and ready to go, because the candy must be stirred constantly. Melt the margarine and butter in a medium sauce pan over med-high heat until melted. Add the sugar, stirring constantly from this point on. When the mixture comes to a full boil, add the half cup sliced almonds. Hold a CANDY THERMOMETER in the candy (keep stirring), careful not to touch the bottom of the pan, until the thermometer reaches 300 degrees (hard crack). Remove from heat and pour the mixture in the prepared pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly on the top and wait about 30 seconds. The chocolate will melt enough to spread gently over the candy. Lastly, sprinkle the chopped almonds over the top of the chocolate. When the candy has COMPLETELY cooled (over night), remove from the pan and peel off the foil. Take the disk of almond roca and place it in a one gallon zip lock baggie and wrap in a dish towel. Use a hammer to gently break the candy by hitting the candy (not chocolate) side of the disk. Makes about 1 pound of candy. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yes. Yes. Copy & paste is quite the invention!!

    As I was remembering this recipe today, I actually think I MADE it two years ago! It turned out perfectly, even though I was a bit worried about the candy thermometer part. Thanks for bringing it back to my memory ... and now I'll never have to find the paper version of it again. I'll just look on your blog!!

    ReplyDelete