Monday, January 4, 2016

FITF

Happy New Year!  2016?!?!

Let's all scratch our collective heads and say again, "Where did 2015 go?!"  A crazy year world wide and a crazy finish here at home.  I highly recommend not moving in the last couple months of the year, well, on that note, don't move at all if you can avoid it.  Very stressful.  Now that it's done and behind me, I'm much happier.  Still that last box in the house to unpack but just the one and that's good.  It's acting as a kind of table so at least it's useful.  Once the Christmas decorations get put away, it will be too.  I really hate taking down the Christmas decorations.  I love turning on the tree lights every morning and watching the lights on the house turn on every evening.  Today is going to be very cold so a good day to stay inside and work on stuff, like taking down decorations.  And bringing them back down to the basement. One problem.  There's a spider cricket in the basement, somewhere...I'm sure he's lying in wait for me to come down so he can scare the beejeezus out of me!  Oh, you want know what they look like do you?  You might be thinking, that Brenda, such a wimp, it's a cricket for goodness sake, nothing to be scared of...in fact, good luck to have them in your home in some countries.  The last one I saw up close was about 1 1/2 inches long (the body, not including the legs, mind you).  And by "up close" I mean about six feet away.

This is probably close to actual size.  You can freak out if you want.

Anyway, bugs aside, the holidays were great.  Great to have Veronica home with us for a couple weeks.  We did some fun stuff and I took some great pictures that were promptly deleted from my phone when I updated it to itunes and it back dated all my stuff on my phone to September.  Don't ask.  I hate itunes.

No resolutions this year.  I'm thinking about goals as far as my yarn business goes and other stuff, too.  Thinking, that's as far as I've got.

I seem to have come down with a terrible, wonderful case of starteritis.  I have so many knitting projects going it's ridiculous.  Starting another one today.  I don't stress too much about that, it's just knitting.  Eventually I'll finish them all.  Or start them all.  Whatever.

Like I said, it's gonna be cold today.  I have errands to run and a dog to walk so I'll be bundled up ala Randy Style (although I'm sure I'll be able to put MY arms down) and enjoying the chill.  Maybe some flurries tonight they say, too.  Ooooooo....I'm so excited!!  FITF!!  (Faith In The Flakes)

No comments:

Post a Comment