Monday, January 18, 2016

The weekend in review

I had a great weekend! Busy doing fun stuff.  Friday night Mike and I went to my friend's brother's restaurant for some dinner and drinks and listened to a live band.  One of the guys in the band is the husband of one of the knitters in our group.  Cool!  

I started a pair of socks for Mike. This is the first one.  I finished it yesterday and started sock #2.  It looks fancy but the yarn self stripes, so it's just a plain vanilla sock.  A quick knit for me.

Saturday morning I went to knit group as usual and this time my new knitting student came too!  She works with Mike and is re-learning how to knit...this time continental.  She's really doing great and has started a new scarf!

I left knitting a little early to join two friends for lunch and some yarn shopping in Frederick!  We had lunch in our favorite dive...Wags.  Then off to the yarn shop!


The Knot House is really a very nice shop.  Their selection is lovely...lots of local yarns.  And their sales are great.
 Happy campers...um, I mean knitters!  So as we were leaving I told the gals there is an acronym for what we just did...it's SEX.  
Stash Enhancement eXpedition!  haha
 Inside The Knot House.  In the right corner are old fashioned scales with yarn in them...very clever.  The shop is in the corner of an old building...so cute!
 Frederick is really pretty, lots to see and do.  Carroll Creek runs through the city surrounded by parks and walkways.  A little chilly for us on Saturday to really enjoy it though.  

So I got this skein...dk weight wool to make a cable-y hat my friend Dolly wrote.  My first skein of Yoth Yarns.  I've heard a lot about them...finally get to try their yarn!

These last two yarn photos were taken at night under my knitting lamp so they're not very accurate color-wise.  This pink is much, much brighter, the color is called "hot pants" and it's by Dragonfly Fibers.  I bought it because I thought "Oooo! Socks!!" then later at home, realized it has cashmere in it so no socks for this baby.  Not sure what I will make...hat/mitts or a cowl.  We'll see.

These two are for a shawl called "The Love of Spiders" so I'll be doing some ironic-knitting.  The pink is more pink and less coral like it looks here. It's a two color shawl...really lovely.  The yarn is a local company called Neighborhood Fiber Co.

So while I was off knitting and buying yarn...Joey bought a car!!
He gave me a ride last night...woohoo!!  I think it's a perfect match for him.  
He's sooo happy!

Sunday was lovely too.  Lots of knitting, football watching, Mike took me for a little drive and IT SNOWED!!  Just a little and not really enough to stick much but it was still SNOW!  It might snow more this weekend.  I'll be at the beach with the girls so I hope it snows there too.  I'd hate to miss a good snowfall.

Have a great week folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment