In honor of Halloween around the corner, here is a list of my top Ten-for-Tuesday favorite candy bars and such! In no particular order:
1. Snickers. (Also Justine's favorite.) How about this quote from a website on the top 13 Most Influential Candy Bars - More than 80 years after its launch in 1930, this Mars bar is the world's best selling international confection. Yup.
2. Reeses Pieces. I like these better than the cup variety. It's the peanut butter and that crunch they make.
3. Dark chocolate with any kind of fruit flavor, especially those Brookside kind. The Goji/Raspberry variety are to die for! Haven't tried them? Get them. Now. I also love dark chocolate with nuts, especially almonds or peanuts.
4. Milky Way. These just scream Halloween. I miss having little trick-or-treaters at home to steal these yummies from.
5. 3 Musketeers. I used to eat all the outside chocolate off then eat the nougat inside. Used to, yeah right.
6. Charleston Chew. The love of these I blame on my sister. She re-introduced them to me a few years ago. It's considered an Old Time Candy, created in the early 1900s. If you're scratching your head wondering what I'm talking about...go get you some and try them!
7. Red Vines. NOT Twizzlers or any other lame substitute...RED VINES. Preferably in the tub variety from Costco or Target.
8. Baby Ruth. I'm sure you know...these were named for President Grover Cleveland's daughter, Ruth. Not Babe Ruth.
9. Milk Duds. This is my all time favorite movie candy. If I go to the movies, I'm packing my Milk Duds.
10. There is a candy store around these parts called Candy Kitchen. When I'm at the beach with the girls, we usually make a run to this place. They have the best "turtles". They don't call them that, they call them Pecan Patties. Pecans, caramel and dark chocolate...oh my!!
Can you tell I love candy? I have many more I love to munch, too.
What's your favorite?