Having just been asked (read: nagged) to post on my blog, I decided to share this evening's activity with you. I just finished blocking a beautiful scarf I knit for someone who may or may not read my blog so naturally, I decided to wind up more yarn and start another project.
Cuz I just don't have enough projects going at this time...ahem.
I bought two skeins of Madeline Tosh DK for Xenia. It's the DK that's not single ply (like I used on my Minimalist Cardi), and the colors are a beautiful green and brown. The brown yarn got so twisted and knotted on my swift, I had to remove it and wind it by hand. You should have seen the mess, a HUGE tangle...also known as a cluster-fuckis-maximuckus. Well, let's just say this did not make me happy. In fact, it made me a raving lunatic! This yarn is expensive, you think it would wind easily (that's my logic anyway). Probably operator error, but I'm not willing to admit that yet. So it's the damn yarn's fault!
Luckily, Mike came to my rescue! He's patiently winding the entire skein for me. I really have no hope of doing this...the yarn is dark and well, my patience is thin (Twiggy thin!).
Hopefully it will be wound up in the next few days and I can cast on my Xenia.
(Donna: You would have been the only person on this planet besides Mike to tackle this huge mess...luckily, you don't have to.)
Um, the green skein wound with little difficulty...