Thursday, August 18, 2011

On the Needles

Yesterday I took the day off to be home with my sick kid. It was the second day of school and she felt sick. I know what you're thinking...she's nervous and doesn't want to go to school. Quite the opposite, she was crying because she couldn't go to school. Bless her little heart. She felt warm, but didn't have a temperature. She had "tummy troubles"...can't go to school with that! So we both stayed home. I felt so bad that she felt bad I just couldn't go to work. This is the part about working and being a mom that sucks. I want to be there for them when they need me, cuz that ain't gonna last for ever, huh?

Anyway, so home all day: I did the normal stuff you do when you find you're home and have time you didn't expect on your hands; laundry. Oh, and knitting.


I cast on for Xenia, but soon realized that the yarn I feel in love with is just too big (worsted not sport) to make it work. So I got a picture of it before frogging it. Look at that lovely braid!! I had no idea the pattern had you do that for the color changes...you can't tell from the picture. I'm going to Florida Fiber In with a friend so I'll look for a nice sport weight there and try again. I can' wait...sometimes I can be verrrrrry patient!

So now I have two colors of lovely Madeline Tosh DK to knit up! Oh the possibilities! I decided to make a cowl with one and mitts with another...for someone for Christmas, hopefully. It's called Greyhaven. I modified it a little just for sizing. It's a well written pattern, too. I have some leftover MTdk that will become another Christmas cowl. Why all these small projects, you ask? Well, I'm waiting for Sept. 1 to start my Six Socks in September challenge. I finished knitting my PI Camping shawl and need to block it. I have another shawl on the needles called Stravinsky too.



So what's on your needles?

No comments:

Post a Comment