I saw this on Zeneedle, one of my favorite blogs to read (and a "friend" on Raverly) and thought I'd take her suggestion and post My Five Knitterly Things (Thanks Margene):
1. My favorite things to knit - Right now my favorite things to knit are cowls, shawls, sweaters and socks. Last winter, I really came to love the feel of a circle of knitting around my cold neck, hence my love of cowls began.
2. My least favorite thing about knitting - Weaving in ends. At this moment, I have six projects that need ends woven in (and two of them are mitts!). I'll do it...but I won't like it.
3. My first finished object - Slippers. You know the ones, your grandmother probably knit them for you when you were a kid. They were knit flat then seamed up the back of the heel (I think.) I was quite proud of them and for a very long time they were my only finished object. I was knitting a lot, but not finishing anything (and nothing fit either). I've come a long way baby.
4. If I could take only one brand of yarn to my desert island, it would be - All yarns from Madeline Tosh (even ones that don't wind up so easily). I'm saying this on faith because I've really only used three of them...but they all look wonderful!
5. My current knitting obsession is - Lace. I've knit lace in socks, shawls, sweaters, cowls, etc. The change that occurs when lace is blocked is my favorite part. I'm always on the look out to start a new lace project and will have two or three going at once. Simple or complicated...I love it all!
What are your Five Knitterly Things? Reply with them, or post on your blog! I'd love to hear from you.