Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Socks and The Future

I cast on a new sock this week...well, two new socks, but I only have a picture of this one. It's knit with Malabrigo Sock...one of my favorite sock yarns. It's a darker color than I usually knit, but I find myself drawn to the "darkside" lately. The pattern is Monkey by Cookie A., well not exactly...it's the no-purl version of Monkey.
This is Hayrick by Anne Hansen. This sock fits so well, and the pattern was easy to follow. I plugged in my own heel (eye of partridge) and toe (regular toe). I think the pattern has a short row heel...not my favorite.



So I was thinking today. My job might not last too much longer (reeeeeally long story, not worth the time to share) so I was thinking about all the things I could get done this summer if I wasn't working four days a week. I thought of quick easy projects, long involved and expensive projects, things to knit and/or sew, etc. I thought I'd make a list to remind me, just in case the time comes where time is something I have alot of...


re-do the hall bathroom

finish my Bridgewater Shawl

organize the roll top desk

go through the "craft" shelf in the garage and get rid of/give away/organize stuff to keep

paint the trim of the house (ok, this REALLY is out of my realm of possibilities)

organize the stuff under my bed

organize the hall closet

organize my stash (again)

rearrange the furniture

clean my bathroom cabinet

clean/organize my bedroom closet (jeez...I thought I WAS organized!)

teach myself to draw (a book is involved)

paint on a regular basis

get a cool sewing book and start sewing cool stuff (provided I get a new sewing machine)


How many months is summer anyway?



1 comment: