Thursday, May 29, 2014

Throw Back Barb

Today's throwback is all about my sister, Barb.

My sister and I are 11 months apart in age.  So technically, for about three weeks, we're the same age.  In fact, right now we're the same age! I turn a year older in about a week.  As kids it was so funny...I wasn't the big sister for a few weeks and Barb never let me forget it!

Here we are in the boat ride at Marshall Scotty's Playland Park (in matching outfits...ugh, I hated that).  Nana and Grandaddy took us there for the day.  I remember it so well...at one point we were thirsty so they bought us sodas.  I remember how good it tasted...an ice cold Dr. Pepper in the bottle. Then after the soda we went on the pony ride.  I remember my tummy full of Dr. Pepper getting so shook up, bouncing up and down on that darn pony...I thought I was gonna explode!

Not sure what age we are here in these school photos...I may have been younger in my photo than Barb, but they're cute, so I thought I'd share them. You can see how different we looked.  She had brown, straighter hair and I had super blond curly hair.  But our facial features gave us away...sisters!  I always loved her hair, so much prettier (and more normal) than my curly. You can see in her face, even at such a young age, she had more self confidence than she know what to do with. 

I can't remember when this photo was taken, maybe on our trip across country with my mom and brother, Kurt in the summer before I started 10th grade.  I think Barb looks so adorable in this photo...you can see the grown up woman she's so close to becoming.  

My sis is a really amazing person.  She's a 5th grade teacher, loved by the kids, their families and especially the staff at her school.  I'm so proud of her for working so hard to become the wonderful, respected professional she's become.  

One of my favorite memories of her in more recent years, is her relationship with Veronica, when Veronica was a toddler.  When Barb was in college, before she started teaching in the classroom, she spent a lot of time with us. I remember Veronica just lighting up and running toward her Aunt Barb, so excited to see her!  I'll never forget that!

No comments:

Post a Comment