Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Ten for Tuesday...Future Knits

Ten future projects I'd like to knit, in no particular order. 
All yarn is already in my stash!

I'd like to make this with a beautiful wool/silk blend I got as a gift from my friend Teri.  The silk with give it beautiful drape and the yarn is super soft. I'm really liking the infinity cowls made with fingering or doubled lace weights.

I have this pattern in one of my Knitscene magazines.  I'm going to make it with a purple wool from Knitpicks called Stroll Sport. The yarn is super soft and the light weight sport will make a great pullover.  I had intended to make another sweater with the yarn but have changed my mind.  Knitters prerogative.

This is another infinity cowl but made in a particular way that incorporates NO casting on, binding off, short rows, three needle bind off, and picking up of stitches.  Sounds like fun!  I just got two skeins of Cascade Heritage Silk in deep purple and deep pumpkin colors so those should make a lovely Fall scarf.

This beautiful beret is another fabulous pattern from Alana Dakos of Never Not Knitting.  Her second Botanical Knits book should arrive in the mail mid June...but the ebook arrived a while ago. This is my second pattern I'll knit from her new book. I'll use Rowan's Felted Tweed DK in a mid-lavender tone.  Lovely!

This shawl-cowl hybrid is gonna be so lovely in my skein of Alegria I recently acquired through a destash.  Score!

I have a beautiful denim blue tonal that will be perfect for this vest!

I have a HUGE skein of Pagewood Farms Willow Creek...a lace weight of about 1350 yards!  Will make a perfect Rocio!  Yes, I know...a lace weight sweater!  Try it, it's not that much knitting and the results is a light weight, warm sweater.

I love to make fingerless mitts!  Here's one I've had my eye on for a while...I have a skein of Jitterbug in my stash I bought from a friend in Jacksonville.  

I've had some lovely mossy-green Cotton Fleece in my stash for a while...then this cover sweater from the 2014 Summer Interweave Knits magazine caught my eye.  Match!

This cowl is made with fingering weight yarn but I have a beautiful deep teal alpaca lace weight with enough to double and make this beauty.


Did you notice...no socks on this list? Well, there are quite a few future knits not on this list, including a t-shirt type pullover I got yarn for yesterday and a Mystery Shawl KAL I'm starting in June (oh, and socks).  It's just a sampling of what's coming down the knitting pike.

What's in your knitting future?

No comments:

Post a Comment