Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What's for Dinner Wednesday

In an effort to blog more and cook dinner more, I'm going offer a new feature to my blog: What's for Dinner Wednesday! Which means I'll be telling you what I'm cooking for dinner on Wednesday nights. What's for dinner? What's for dinner? What's for dinner? My kids ask me this over and over (multiple times a night). Maybe they're hoping for a different answer each time. Sometimes I just say, "Yuck, I hate it." Since that used to be their response to the age old question of what's for dinner. Now that they're older, it's easier. They eat what's put in front of them, for the most part anyway.

Wednesdays are usually kinda crazy because I'm trying to get out the door earlier than usual...it's knit night! We eat around 5:30pm so I can get out the door at 6:30 without rushing through my meal. Dinner time is so fun in our house. We all catch up on how our days went, it's when Veronica does most of her talking....and Joey and Justine do most of their fighting (lol). We laugh and laugh...I just love it.

Ok, so tonight's fabulous meal (ignore my sarcasm): Crock Pot Chicken ROAR OF APPLAUSE...oh stop!

If you want to try it here's what you do:

Ingredients pictured below: Chicken Breasts (I only use a three-pack, it's enough for us.), onion soup mix, sherry and cream of chicken soup. Whisk together ONE envelope of onion soup mix, cream of chicken soup and sherry (I just pour some in, maybe 1/2 cup...just eyeball it.) in your crock pot. Then I cut up the breasts in thirds and add them in the crock pot. Give it a stir around. Cook on low for 8 hours or so. I'm gonna serve it over rice and have some steamed broccoli on the side. There will be some complaining about the broccoli from Joey but on the whole, it will be a success.


This is a super easy dinner and very yummy. Try it, you'll like it!


You didn't get your invite to dinner? Your line must have been busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment