Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2009 Wrap Up

This time last year I was so excited about digging into my stash and knitting a good chunk of it up. And I had 12 brown bags, each filled with a small project, stapled up and ready for each month of the year. I was ready for the challenge of not buying yarn, too.

Now that the year's almost over, I'm trying to assess how it went. I opened up each brown bag and as of today, only have two projects that are still in the works. One is the April project, my Good and Plenty mitts and the other is the December project, Wanida socks for me. I'm feeling no pressure to try and finish these by year's end, believe me.

As far as knitting down my stash. I did knit it down...but not a lot. I have tons of yarn for sweaters and I only knit a few sweaters last year. I knit a lot of socks and small projects. I've totally changed my sock knitting, now I no longer knit K2,P2 rib socks but rather, patterns that are fun and even a challenge, too. This change made me want to knit socks, socks, socks! I have knit the Diagonal Rib sock at least 8 times, so maybe that can be called my new K2, P2. It's a pattern that I have memorized so it's the easy project that follows me everywhere. I even did a test knit this year for Picnicknits. I'll continue to knit socks and more socks next year...I can't help it!

Next year I only have two goals:
1. Knit socks from the toe up.
2. Knit more sweaters.

I better get clicking!

1 comment:

  1. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, TOE UP socks are the best!! It's good to assess the progress on your goals, but not be dismayed by any lack thereof. You started a blog and I super enjoy peeking in!

    ReplyDelete