Day 6 of no AC around here.
Yes, the AC was inspected and seemed to work fine when we bought the house (remember, this was in November) but when we turned it on last Thursday, it fired up but is not blowing cold air. Sucks. So we're re-living our San Diego days with no AC while I work through the Home Warranty company to try to get a technician out here to inspect the AC unit and hopefully replace it. Repairing it could be a problem since it's around 29 years old. Fingers crossed we get a new one soon or old one fixed!! In the interim, we do have a whole home fan and that helps a bunch!
So Ten on Tuesday's topic: 10 Things I Did This Weekend!
It was a long weekend for us of course, Memorial Day and the official start of Summer in these parts. That means pools open, all ice cream shops open, people are outside and the route to the beach is packed every weekend. Ahhhh...summer. For me it means hats, sunscreen, small knitting projects, canoeing and enjoying our new community beach! Most of the weekend was beautiful and sunny (read: hot) but the last two days have been cloudy, still pretty warm and humid (read: ugh). Ok...here's some of what I did:
1. Saturday morning was knitting. Our group meets at a local grocery store cafe and we knit/chat/laugh etc for a few hours. There was still show and tell from Maryland Sheep and Wool...our group knows how to shop yarn! I worked on my new Notch Shawl.
2. After knitting I went to my friend Teri's house for lunch. We had so much fun catching up. We knit a little bit and laughed a lot.
3. Mike and I spent a little time with our new neighbors down the street. When the estate of the owner of the house we bought had an estate sale, Mrs. Neighbor bought a writing desk and in it were papers and negatives from the owner of our home. The negatives were of our house being built! Very cool!! Anyway, Mr. & Mrs. Neighbor are so nice, it was great talking with them and learning about the neighborhood.
4. Mike fired up the grill and cooked burgers for us on Sunday night. Both kids were there...a nice sit down at the dining room table dinner. They are both working now so evenings where we're all there for dinner are rare.
5. I dyed a bunch of yarn this weekend. One skein will be for PicnicKnit's Summer Shawl KAL that starts tomorrow. Hurry up and dry yarn! The rest is for a Fiber Fest I'm a vendor at on June 18th.
6. I pulled weeds in the veg garden. There weren't many but I got em!
7. Mike and I decided not to allow our daughter to go with her boyfriend's family and him to Rehoboth Beach over 4th of July weekend. It will probably break her heart but she'll get over it. Parenting is not a popularity contest.
8. Mike and I tried to find a replacement remote for the ceiling fan in our bedroom to no avail. We found one online at HomeDepot.com but they are out of stock online. This, however, does not stop the pop up ads I keep getting telling me to buy the remote at Home Depot, online, yup...buy the one that's out of stock. So stupid. Anyway, he's calling the fan company today to see what else we can do.
9. I got a bunch of cute photos of Veronica this weekend from her trip to Chicago! So cool!! It was really great to see her having so much fun.
10. I got my new knitting magazine called Making in the mail on Saturday. It's got knitting patterns...plus, a bunch more ideas/patterns for other stuff to make. It's beautifully photographed, quite inspiring. I already made something from it! I made something for a little someone who shares my birthday with me.
Hope your weekend was great.