Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Ten on Tuesday

TEN RANDOM QUESTIONS

1. What is your cleaning style like?
Reluctant.  Is that a style?  I usually keep my house tidy, you know, picked up. When I "clean" I take it one floor at a time (usually on different days). I have long since thrown out the idea that my house needs to be spotless.  If you come over, you come to see me, not my house.

2. What is your favorite thing to add to an outfit to take it from casual to classy?
I rarely dress up these days but to feel dressed up I usually wear heels.  Or any kind of shoe that doesn't require a wool sock.  And I step up the jewelry, too.

3. Do you like stormy weather?
I LOVE stormy weather.  I lived in CA most of my life, the only weather we have is sunny.  Then in Florida we really got to see some weather...in the form of rain!  Now in MD, we get rain but it's usually a soft rain, not the torrential downpours of FL. And snow...we get that too.  Yeah!! The worst weather we've seen here in MD was super storm Sandy.  That was a little scary but in a thrilling kind of way.

4. What is your favorite cold treat on a hot day?
Iced coffee or iced chai tea latte (from Starbucks only...the chai that is, iced coffee is best from Dunkin or home made).

5. What is your favorite warm treat on a cold day?
I like a hot chai or a skinny vanilla latte.  And maybe a warm chocolate chip cookie right from the oven (did that yesterday).

6. Who is your favorite animated character?
Bugs Bunny.  Duh.

7. What do you keep your jewelry in?
I have a jewelry box that my Nana gave me many years ago and I keep most of my jewelry in that but I also have a shallow "dish" that Veronica made me out of yarn and plastic canvas and I keep my every everyday/wear all the time jewelry in there.

8. Do any of the rooms in your house have a theme?
No theme. Unless you count my corner of the living room, that's my "nest" with all my yarny endeavours.

9. Do you watch any interior design TV shows – if so, what is your favorite?
I used to watch a bunch of HGTV but now that we're renting for so long, I've lost interest.  When we sell our Florida home and start looking to buy up here, I'm sure my interest will ramp up again.  I used to really love Design on a Dime and Trading Spaces.

10. When was the last time you did something risk-taking?
I took a drawing class last semester at the local community college.  That was fun and a stretch for me to take a class at a new school. That took some nerve, for me.  I also plan on taking a class on how to run a craft business and plan on selling my hand dyed yarn on Etsy in the future (with any luck!).  It's not bungee jumping off a cliff, but it's risk-taking for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment