Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Day After

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!  We had a really great day.  It started early...you'd think an almost 18 year-old and a 14 year-old wouldn't be up at the crack of dawn, anxious to see what Santa brought, but they were.  I'm actually grateful for that...I know eventually we'll have many, many Christmases without kids asking, "How early can we get up?" or cracking open the bedroom door with a "Wake up, it's CHRISTMAS!"  I'm gonna enjoy it while I can! The day ended with the Doctor Who Christmas Special...and a new Doctor!

We ventured into Historic Annapolis on Christmas Eve for a walk around, a warm beverage and some fun.  It was cold!  Well, the temps weren't that bad but the wind was burrrrr!!

The Pirie Five.

When we got home from Annapolis we got out some snacks and Clue and had some fun indoors!  While we were playing, it started to SNOW!!  We're always hoping for snow and when the flurries started, we got so excited.  Out on the deck...catching flakes and taking pictures.  The neighbors must think we're nuts.

The snow didn't last long and there was no white Christmas this year.  Maybe next year...hope springs eternal.

Mike and the kids got me the COOLEST gift...it's a print of a drawing of the City Dock in Annapolis.  And it's signed ("To Brenda") but the artist!  I can't wait to get this framed and hung in the house.  

Day after Christmas today.  Not much going on...
We'll probably watch a movie or two.  I'll knit (duh). I finished Veronica's sweater last night so photos of that will be forthcoming. I'm starting a new sweater with yarn Mike gave me for Christmas.  We have some returns to take care of but no way am I going anywhere near a mall today. I need to bake a cake for our knitting get together tomorrow at Dolly's house.  I'm really looking forward to seeing the gals and hearing about their Christmases.  


A new year is around the corner and I'm throwing around ideas for what needs to be considered a priority in my life in the New Year (can you tell I'm trying NOT to say resolutions).  haha
Plenty of time to think about that...for now.


1 comment:

  1. Don't say stash diet! :) Are you going to do your bags again this year? I always thought that was a cool idea.

    Absolutely wonderful that it snowed on Christmas!

    ReplyDelete