Friday, December 6, 2013

Five for Friday

I love to watch Christmas movies.  I love them so much that I watch them all year round.  I usually stop in late summer so that when Christmastime comes around they're a bit fresher and I won't be able to say, "Oh, I just watched that."  Here are my top five favorites.

1.  The Santa Clause
     "Just because you can't see something, doesn't mean it doesn't exist."
     "Can we take a direct flight back to reality, or do we have to change planes in          Denver?"

2.  Elf
     "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear."
     "Um, your father...he's on the naughty list."   NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

3.  A Christmas Story
     "I TRIPLE-dog-dare ya!"
     "Only I didn't say "Fudge."  I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother            of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash" word!

4.  Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
     "No doe of mine is gonna be seen with a Rrrrred-Nosed Rrrrrreindeer!"

5.  Love Actually
     "Let's go get the shit kicked out of us by love!"
     "Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals         gate at Heathrow Airport.  General opinion's starting to make our that we live         in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that.  It seems to me that love is       everywhere.  Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's                 always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husband and wives,         boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends.  When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as         far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were                     messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for         it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."





No comments:

Post a Comment