Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Look who I met on my walk today...


So today I took a lovely walk in the heat and humidity (ugh). The debris left after Beryl was evident everywhere I looked.  Storms seem to churn up the critters, too.  This little turtle above was out in the street just outside my neighborhood.  I was hesitant to touch him, thinking he might be dead (gross), but a fellow walker was just coming by, picked him up (turtle was very much alive) and placed him across the street in the direction little-turtle was headed.  Fellow walker said that it was always best, if you have to move them because they're headed in a dangerous direction (like across a busy street, as was this case) to move them in that direction to a safe place.  He said if you don't they'll just turn around and head back in the same direction they were headed.  Ok, I'm not sure if this is true, but it sounded good to me. 
And, um, LT could very well have been a tortoise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment