Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Birthday

Today is my birthday. I'm very happy to say that I've made it to my 49th year...and the best is still to be. I feel like there is plenty of great things ahead for me. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up...


We celebrated my birthday last Saturday, so today was just a normal day. I did go out to lunch...very fun! And I also...


made 100 pigs-in-a-blanket for Justine's sixth grade dance.
You gotta admit...they're pretty cute, huh?




I finished my Sarai shawl this week. Made with Malabrigo Sock.


I finished Donna's Socks of Kindness.


And my Malabrigo Sock Monkeys (no purl version).



My family got me a new sewing machine for my b-day!! I'm starting my first project this weekend, so you can expect some blogging about it soon.

Since some of you will want to know...it's a Kenmore. Just a simple machine, but it's exactly what I wanted! The best is the needle threader...OMG, it's the best invention ever! Ok, I realise I'm probably (probably?!) behind the times, but I've never seen this before. It's my favorite feature on the machine because with my old eyes, I NEED it!











1 comment:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! Enjoy your new sewing machine! Speaking of machines, you've been a knitting machine! All are lovely. Your pics are a reminder that I need to make another pair of no purl monkies. I gave the ones I made away.

    ReplyDelete