Sunday, August 22, 2010

Meet Lyra

My husband, in case you didn't know, has a heart of gold. This tiny little kitten was abandoned by her mother, behind his work building, so SOMEBODY had to take her home and adopt her. He was waiting to see who at work would step-up, but no one did, so he did the right thing and brought her home. She's so cute!! At least we think it's a "her"...Justine wanted to name her Lyra (Lie-ra) after the main character in the Golden Compass books. If we find out later, she's a he...we may switch the name to Larry (thanks Mary Lou!).
You can see how small she is...her head is the same size has the towel TAG!! She can fit in my hand, with room to spare. We're thinking she's less than a month old. See her paws...her claws are always out. Maybe that's a kitten thing? I have no idea. And no idea what I'm doing...it's really a family effort to care for her and figure out what to do next. She's going to the vet on Monday afternoon for a check up.
She loves to sleep wrapped around my neck. (I can hear your collective awwww....)

1 comment:

  1. Omigosh, she is so cute! Makes me wish David wasn't so allergic to cats.

    ReplyDelete