Friday, November 14, 2008

Holes on Purpose




I’ve got lace on my mind today. What is it about those gossamer strands that make my heart pitter-patter? I love, love, love lace!!! I’m amazed how tiny lace weight yarn can be knit into beautiful shapes and designs. Not only are they a feast for the eyes, but the garments are truly warm. How can something with so many holes keep a body so warm? Must be the love knitted in, huh? I’m just itchin’ to start a lace project! I’ve got plenty of wool as you can see from the photo, but which to choose? I thought about starting the Lace Ribbon Scarf so I can use the last of my Malabrigo. The pattern looks easy enough for me to knit at knit group. I usually don’t travel with my lace projects because of the charts. Chatting + lace charts = tinking!







I’d also love to start A Curved Shawl with Diamond Edging from Victorian Lace Today. I have some scrumptious Alpaca Fine in a chocolaty brown…yummy! My dad bought me the book, Victorian Lace Today for Christmas in 2006. I hadn’t really done lace the more traditional way until I got this book. I asked for the book because of this pattern…it has circles in it! I thought, “How’d they do that?!” The book is excellent. Wonderful, clear instructions that help you create the most wonderful goodies.






I think I’ll do what Dad suggested when he gave me the book: Have fun knitting!

3 comments:

  1. Love that scarf on the far left -- it looks simple enough, and I have some nice lace yarn I've been wanting to use ... but I'll have to get through Christmas first - just finished up three pairs of "Fetching" fingerless gloves for teacher gifts!

    ReplyDelete