Tuesday, March 3, 2009

You're done already?!

I catch a lot of grief, all good natured, of course, for quickness with which I finish my knitting projects. Many years ago my mom got me a sweatshirt that had a very cute woolly lamb knitting her own fleece with the quote "Don't Just Sit...Knit!" Over the years I have tweaked this to my own nagging mantra of "If you're sitting...you should be knitting!" Everyone laughs when I say this, but I actually do this.

Hey, I drag my ass on projects, too. I have an afghan I started over 10 years ago still undone and a sweater that I started close to two years ago waiting patiently for me to come back and finish. My problem is, if I'm not excited about it, I'm not interested in working on it. But back to getting those knitting projects done quickly...

I found this on Twist Collective and thought it was very funny and might help people understand why I knit the way I do. Enjoy!

1 comment: