Monday, June 1, 2015

End of the Row Yarns FOs!

A couple knitting projects have been completed in my yarns!

The first one is a baby dress made by my friend Dolly.  It's Rose's Garden Dress in the Rose Garden colorway (don't cha love that?)! The bodice is a garter combination stitch that creates a kind of smocking effect and it buttons up the back for easy dressing of wiggly babies.
The pattern is her own design.  Hopefully we can all look forward to her releasing that pattern someday soon. 

I donated a skein of yarn for a prize in a KAL last month.   The winner, TinerW on Ravelry made this beautiful scarf for a graduation gift.  She really cranked this baby out quick! It's Streusel by Blue Peninsula and in my Blue Raspberry colorway it's just lovely!

I recently made this scarf too.  Justine was modeling it in my last post.  I love the shape of it. The shallow shape means you could easily wrap it around your shoulders like a shawl or around your neck like a scarf.  I weighted my yarn so I could add extra repeats and use up the majority of my skein...which was Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light, by the way.  I wanted to use up as much of the yarn as possible and also make a super long scarf.  I love super long scarves.  Especially scarves made with fingering weight yarn because you can wrap them and wrap them around your neck without the bulk of a worsted weight.

I'll be adding more yarn to the shop this week so be sure to stop by!

Oh...and Happy June 1st!
It's the start of our knit group's One Skein Shawl KAL!
What will I be knitting?  You're gonna have to wait and see...
I'm not trying to torture you.  I just haven't even wound my yarn yet, let alone cast on.  I'll post when I do so you can follow along!


No comments:

Post a Comment