Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hey!

This is the winter drumline...Velocity! Guess you probably figured that out by their t-shirts, huh? Can you spot my two? Veronica is on the bottom row, second from left and Joey middle row far right.

Not too much to report around here...I'm still working (taking it one day at a time while things are crazy at work), busy with kids, knitting a ton, knees hurting so not alot of running, but some biking...same old, same old.

I'm so glad today is Thursday. Tomorrow is my day off and I'm doing the usual...laundry, catching up on recorded shows (CSI, Survivor and Hawaii Five-O, if it's a new one). I really tried to resist Survivor this time, but with Boston Rob coming back, how could I possibly?!

So yesterday was Ash Wednesday. Did you go to church for your yearly reminder that we are all but dust. Not butt-dust! Ok, that's a funny joke around the office, maybe not so much if you don't work at a church. Oh well. Don't quit my day job, right? Are you giving up something for Lent? I remember one time in church, the priest talking about "giving up" for Lent, and he suggested maybe doing something that was difficult or a struggle, instead of just giving something up. I thought that made much more sense and would probably be harder to do. I'm not doing either. I don't go to church at all these days, so I've taken myself out of the loop, so to speak.

On the knitting front, I just finished a pair of socks (pics to come, promise) and have a couple pair in the works for b-days coming up for friends. I'm working on a new sweater, too. Trying VERY hard to resist casting on another shawl (Girasole by Jared Flood), I really should finish by Bridgewater before I cast on another biggie. I may start a pair of mitts though...starteritis, I got it bad!

Have a great weekend...I maybe back before then to post knit pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment